Summer Ponds and Tubs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
We do, but we keep sucking water out of the Floridan aquifer faster than it can regenerate (thanks, developers...of which I am sure you are familiar living in CA) and rainfall has been down on average. Ocala (where I live now) is too far inland to see much of hurricanes, we do get little "microbursts" (like baby tornadoes) though.

Sorry to hijack your thread, PB :) I love your cinder block pond, maybe I can build a teeny version of that in my new apartment patio. All depends on how uptight the neighbors are - I hope the answer is "not very"

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I've heard of microbursts. We had one hit out here years ago and the news tried explaining what it was but did a poor job on it cause everyone thought they were making stuff up. Until then we had never even heard of them. The one we had did some major damage to a business building but nothing else.

Oh and I'm sure Mike doesn't mind. We hijack each others threads all the time.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
LOL we are just a band of aqua bandits.. Its all good..

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
LOL no doubt.. well so far the ponds and tubs are doing good i put the Rose Line sharks and the Boesemani's in the 515gal pond and in two of the tubs I have barbs species only one tub has Gold Barbs and the other has Cherry Barbs not sure yet on the 3rd tub plus i should be getting the 3 other fiberglass ponds at least by Sunday so i am thinking a cichlid species in one and a Gourami in another.. Good times..

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Dang. I wish I had the space to do all that. They got a molded pond at my local lowes that's 125 gallon that I was eye balling for $74.99. Would be nice to have if I had the space.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Just do it man, likewise i wish you were closer to here man i would def hook you up with one of these, i called the pet store today and told him i would be by to pick them up later this week, i had to install a new floor for our kitchen and utility room, but i was able to ask him what size they were and he said 360gal so 30 bucks a piece for 3 of them isn't bad at all..

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Yeah they are long and rectangle i am going to stop by tomorrow after work to get them but i have to clean them out LOL there is a reason why i am getting them cheap.. Plus i dont mind at all..

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I wouldn't mind at all either. I'de clean them all if you offered to give me one if I was close by that is. Should take before and after photo's.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store