120 DIY Oak Stand & Canopy Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
That stand is looking better and better, can't wait to hear the weight and see the doors on.

Also thanks for posting the plans. I have been looking them over pricing stuff. The hard part now is making final decisions, LOL!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Greggz

AC Members
Feb 2, 2008
Novi, MI
That stand is looking better and better, can't wait to hear the weight and see the doors on.

Also thanks for posting the plans. I have been looking them over pricing stuff. The hard part now is making final decisions, LOL!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
You’ve got that right. I went over my plans and made changesmore times than you can imagine. To be honest, it’s a little nerve wracking attimes.

By the time I got started, I could see the whole build in mymind…..but I still had the plans there at every step of the way.

Even after all the measuring, re measuring, drawing,planning, etc…….I was still relieved when the tank fit on the stand!

Let me know if you have any questions I can help out with.

Greggz

AC Members
Feb 2, 2008
Novi, MI
Getting anxious to get the tank up and running. Doors won't be here until probably end of week.

In the meantime, I painted the back of the tank black this weekend. Took quite a few coats to get get it fully covered.

Am also toying with the idea of trimming out the edge of the glass. The pics show unfinished pieces in place. Can't decide if I just like the regular black trim on the tank or finished out in oak. I'll finish the pieces with the doors and try it both ways.

P1100197 (Large).JPGP1100203 (Large).JPG

P1100197 (Large).JPG P1100203 (Large).JPG

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I like the wood trim

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Me too..delivers some continuity between base and canopy.

Greggz

AC Members
Feb 2, 2008
Novi, MI
Thanks for the opinions above. My wife and daughter took a look at it, and they both agree the Oak trim finishes it off nicely.

So then my daughter asks me...."So Dad, what are you going to do with your life once we get this aquarium done??". She's a funny one, but it HAS turned into quite an undertaking.

Almost lost in all of this are the fish. For those that might be interested, here's a video of who's moving into the new tank in a few weeks.
[YT]rqxH8oW2_qA[/YT]

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Greg, you have got mad skills my man... AND a sweet basement!

That stand & tank are GORGEOUS.

There's a dude that advertizes on CL in my area that builds similar stuff. I couldn't imagine the price to have it built for you. :jaw-dropping:

Joel

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I think you should send it all to me.. My new Discus or my Altum would look great in that tank... ;)

NICE JOB U 2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store