Is it a "BUILD" if there is no actual building involved?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PallasAthena

AC Members
May 17, 2009
Wow! That is beautiful! I love that the pot is raised up out of the pond so the water can flow over it. So pretty! Makes me excited to work on mine! Thanks for the inspiration!

rainbowcharmer

AC Members
Jul 30, 2007
East Coast, USA
Well gee. That is beautiful!

And here I thought I'd never have a pond at my place because the property lines and permit regulations are not in my favor. But I never thought of something like this! Above ground like that I believe does not require a permit... I may just be cooking up a pond in the next year after all!! Yay! :) Thanks for the idea! And I can't wait to see how it looks in a few months when the plants grow in and fishies arrive!!

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
rainbowcharmer,
Those stock tanks come in all kinds of sizes, and both oval and round, at least in the galvanized metal. They also make a whole line of them in plastic. The smaller ones come in grey and green, I think, and the bigger ones in swimming pool blue, and are available at feed and farm supply stores out here. If I hadn't spent all my play money on this one, I'd be tempted to make another one just for fun. It'd be pretty easy to make a frame to hide the tub, too. Retaining wall block makes a fast cover, and you could lay flagstone on top to disguise the edge. We talked about running chicken wire around this one and planting ivy to cover it. Only take a season and it'd be invisible. See? Now you've got me thinking again...not good!! Thinking always costs me money :)
Jen

PallasAthena

AC Members
May 17, 2009
Oh, Ivy over it would be really pretty, but you know, it's really gorgeous as you have it. I love the landscaping around it. So beatiful.

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
Thank you so much, you just salvaged my day. I took a bunch of pix to work to show a friend, and she laughed at me and called me very "country", not a compliment from a brand new mercedes convertible driving, lake house living kind of person. Burst my bubble but good...

Jen

PallasAthena

AC Members
May 17, 2009
Thank you so much, you just salvaged my day. I took a bunch of pix to work to show a friend, and she laughed at me and called me very "country", not a compliment from a brand new mercedes convertible driving, lake house living kind of person. Burst my bubble but good...

Jen
Well that was incredibly rude of her! :mad2: Some "friend". It has a country beauty to it, and in a really good way. The circular path around it and everything remind me of something you'd find in a park or something. It's really nice.

And that's coming from a confirmed city-dweller! So there! ;)

rainbowcharmer

AC Members
Jul 30, 2007
East Coast, USA
I'm at a loss as to how that is "country"?

I think it's gorgeous!

Country is a "real" big in-ground pond full of carp and no real decor to speak of. At least that's what I grew up with in the boon-docks of northern Ohio.

Anyhow, I think your pond is gorgeous, and it's giving me all sorts of ideas for our new house! :)

That 3/4 acre isn't looking so small anymore! hehe

thesixis

AC Members
Feb 3, 2009
New Jersey
Hey that is really cool. Could you tell us how much it cost and how many gallons it holds. Thanks and good luck. Keep the pics coming.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store