Is it a "BUILD" if there is no actual building involved?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
Pix of my test fountain this afternoon...have to get off the computer as the kids are standing in line behind me asking nicely for a turn (as in whining and complaining!!!)

Oh, and I probably should go to work to support my habit...
Sigh...

Jen

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
Hi all,
Pix of the test run on the fountain. I raised the rocks in the pot almost to the brim before I did the test run. Only a foam filter on the pump for the test. I will have a better one in the final installation. I haven't sealed a thing yet, so it leaks all over the place, just testing to see if it made a good sound, and would provide enough aeration/water movement. Sounds great so far...I may turn down the bubbler just a bit, it is almost pushing the rocks out of the pot.

Now I need to find a better stand. That poor milk crate is all bowed out already, and I want to add another layer of flat stones underneath.

Here are my three plans...so far.
1. Find a plant stand that will hold 100 lbs and is 18" high. I confess, I did
sit on a few at the store this afternoon to see if they were sturdy enough. Most of them are sturdy enough, but too tall. Still looking..

2. Cinder blocks. I hear they leach stuff into the water, though. Can I soak them in a tub for awhile, or treat them with something to cure the concrete so it won't leach anymore?

3. Have the husband fabricate me something...probably the best idea, but he isn't likely to get it done as quickly as I want ( as in yesterday!!)

Meanwhile, the pond is full and 'soaking' to get rid of any nastiness in the liner, and my order of plants shipped today and is supposed to be here in 3-5 days!!!

I am playing with the idea of planting some creeping jenny in the fountain pot, to trail down the side. There's room there to put a small pot, and bury the surface with the rocks. It might work if I turn down the force of the bubbler...still thinking on it. Too many ideas, not enough time.

Thanks all, for the comments. My kids say I'm half mole because I spend so much time digging holes in the yard :).

Jen

IMG_0426.JPG IMG_0429.JPG

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
Pond update

Ahhh, tired, sore and a bit sunburned. Is there any better way to end a Saturday? Maybe relaxing next to the pond!!! Took all day and then some, but I finally got it up and running late Saturday. It is still a little cloudy from moving the plants around and dumping in all the bottom rock, but that will clear in the next day or two. And then I can see where I still need to add more rock. Got all the lilies potted up and placed, too. Can't wait for blooms!!!

And now for that promise I made the kids..."as soon as I finish the pond I will drag out the blowup pool for you.." Though technically, it will NEVER be done ...chuckling evilly :evil_lol:

Now to hurry up and wait until mid June-ish for fishies and a few tadpoles!! I hate waiting, but I hate hurting the fish more, and they need good water and a little more shelter first...waiting..waiting..waiting...

IMG_0452.JPG IMG_0456.JPG IMG_0460.JPG

Last edited:

erinw621

AC Members
Apr 23, 2009
That looks so nice! I also like the green fountain pot as opposed to the black one you had a pic of before. I hope you don't get temped to go for a little swim!

Jaykit

Means To An End
Feb 4, 2009
Alberta
Very nice set-up, never even thought of getting the spray liner but it would make sense that it would work quite well. I really like your backyard too trying to get mine all cleaned-up this year too and put a nice pond in beside the new patio.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store