Apple Snail has Huge BUBBLE in flesh

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

EmilyMarie85

AC Members
Aug 16, 2010
Boise, ID
Real Name
Emily
Awesome!!

GuppyGirl1230

Snails, Guppies and Corys, OH MY!!!
Jul 14, 2010
Westminster, Colorado
Real Name
Maribeth
I am so sorry he developed this condition, but maybe by pricking his flesh, you saved him! I am so glad he is still alive and moving again.

Maribeth

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
So sorry to hear about your snail:)(
I don't know much about them, I guess that's the lung? But I've seen this in people and dogs. A bubble will appear on the the neck or where ever, looks like a big water filled bubble. It's like a cyst on the outside instead of the inside. Don't know if that's the case here, but this is the only time I've seen bubble like growths.

Fish Kate

Don't Eat the Puppies
Sep 9, 2005
Chicago
Update on snail "surgery" for bubble

The first picture was taken just before I lanced the bubble. The second pic was a few hours later (you can see his flesh looks lighter, more yellow.) The last picture is the snail today, resting on the bottom of his tank. I picked him up just a few minutes ago and he snapped himself shut -- tight. So far, there's improvement. Yesterday he barely reacted to being handled.

snail just before lancing bubble 1.JPG snail several hours after lancing bubble.JPG snail 1 day after lancing 2.JPG

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Very impressive!! I hope things continue to head in the right direction.

laurenrocksth

AC Members
Jun 24, 2008
Milford, NH
That's awesome!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store