The "Dream Tank" is becoming a reality!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
You'll find someone crazy enough to buy them babies, lol.

Kannan Fodder

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas/San Diego
Real Name
Michelle
Going to talk to my CADM today and ask if I can bring some to work if any survive. Will also check with my local LFS. Not really looking to sell them, but I definitely can't keep a tank full of bichirs! LOL!

Kannan Fodder

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas/San Diego
Real Name
Michelle
I've been doing a lot of browsing for info on breeding sengal bichirs, and what I might expect after catching them spawning. This wasn't something I planned for, but might have accidentally triggered it when I changed out a huge amount of water and added straight cold water to lower the tank temp. Anyway, according to what little info I can find, the eggs hatch in about 4 days (which will be today or tomorrow) and the babies require BBS and micro worms - neither of which I have. Haven't seen any eggs either, and it looks like the tinfoils ate one bunch of moss used for spawning. (Not worried about the moss - it grows so fast in my 29g that I have to thin it out at least once a month.) So not sure if I will see any babies.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Looks like the tinfoil had a great snack, lol. I don't think babies will be a concern for ya at this rate, haha.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store