Some pictures

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Very cute! What species?
a. sp winklefleck from aquaticclarity. The female is already colouring up like she wants to spawn; i hope not because i'm exhausted dealing with other issues and would prefer she wait another month before i have to hand feed a bunch o frys.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
LOL, I hear you in not wanting spawning anytime soon. But I bet she'll wait if her mate isn't ready...& she can't boss him into being ready! Nice snacks for everyone if not.

I've never heard of that apisto species, googling soon. It is a very cute species name...

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
She's a cutie! I like the yellow female apisto contrast with the often blue spangly other color males of many species. But if I were trying to make a species ID, I think I'd have a much better chance with a male of any species, preferably in breeding colors. Even then there are way too many kinds. At least the fish can usually tell ;). In my limit apisto spawning experience females mature at a younger smaller size than males. Many cichlids (& people) are like that :)

But, jake, you keep such cool unusual apistos, plecos & other fish, there's no way I'd ever guess a. winklefleck, lol. TY for including a link to where you got them. So many different species & not just apistos.

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
450:
r2.jpg

550 they announce dinner time (they only swim by my desk when it is near feeding time):
r1.jpg

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Your top tank looks nice! I only see 1 angel & a few corys...I may need circling if I'm missing your fish in such a big tank...Your plants are looking good too! Still filling in I think...👍

You know I love! all your loaches 🤩...but that looks very much like a little serpae tetra, lol. (see my other post in Noodles SA paludarium thread)

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Your top tank looks nice! I only see 1 angel & a few corys...I may need circling if I'm missing your fish in such a big tank...Your plants are looking good too! Still filling in I think...👍

You know I love! all your loaches 🤩...but that looks very much like a little serpae tetra, lol. (see my other post in Noodles SA paludarium thread)
The fish below the angle is one of 8 gold dust (geo); and to the right there is a black angel (female), there are 20 or so rummy; 15 or so sterbai;; 4 l. curviceps; some other stuff mostly under the wood. Been planted since Sept 1; so yea still filling in. I've been pulling a few vals that grow too far out of their line and the pso gets blown by the water.

Gotta get out that magnifying glass ;)

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I've always thought black ghost knifes (knives?) look cool. But I've only ever seen little 1s in shops, chilling in a plastic tube either clear or opaque. They grow pretty big I think, but you have lots of room!!

So what is your secret? How big is s/he? Which tank is it in? Oh , I think the black substrate is your really big tank...It seems like big loaches might be too boisterous or maybe BGK is not as mellow as they seem...do tell! Are they hard to feed?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store