Pictorial betta spawning log-discussion thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Marala

Where's Nemo?
May 2, 2005
College Station, TX
Are they always white when they are that age? Does it depend on their parents color type?

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
:eek: :eek: :eek: Vicious little buggers aren't they???
How many are left??? Man all that work and the big guys go and eat your profit. No way would I have the stomach for the "betta breeding business".

TheMightyQueenPixie said:
I shall post some new pics in the morning...The 2 largest fry have decided to eat their smaller sibs :(...Soooooo, it is one puny spawn...The are currently in segregation and probably will never go back into the tank without a divider now :( Ahhh, the painful jarring process...They are barely over 1/2" and are already showing the sterotypical Betta agression...It doesnt take them long to go from helpless fry to "warrior"...

on a lighter note, my black masked blues did the "deal"...A nice big spawn that I have high hopes for...

winddancer70

AC Members
Jan 5, 2006
Arizona
This is my first post to this forum....I couldn't wait to follow this thread. You did a great job with pics and describing things..How many fry did make it? I'm a betta lover also.I have 10 of my own.

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
Oh wow. Look how long their fins are getting!!!! That's amazing! The look like little bettas. Can you tell boy from girl yet?? Mighty Queen, you have done a wonderful job with this sticky. It has been so neat to follow.

Prsimmon

Registered Member
Jan 17, 2006
Thank you so much for posting this. I was just searching the net and found this board and found your thread..that was amazing to see..thank you! :thm:

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store