Pictorial betta spawning log-discussion thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hannys_Papa

AC Members
Aug 31, 2005
Upstate NY
Discussions and experiences to be posted here about the article found at this link:
http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58582

Out of curiosity - when it comes to breeding bettas - can you predict the colours of the fry depending on the colours of the "parents" ? I think what i am trying to say is - if you want more beautiful red ones like him - do you have to pair him with a certain colour female to have better chances of having that result.
Yes i know i sound like an idiot..... :duh:

Oh and great pictures and interesting idea. I cant wait to see more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harlock

Educated Idiot
Dec 15, 2004
San Angelo, TX
members.cox.net
TheMightyQueenPixie said:
Completely differet pair...I had two set ups ;)
Hedging one's bets is always the best course of action. Wonderful pics. I feel bad for the first guy though, he really had the crap kicked out of him. oh well, maybe next time for him.

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
Yeah, poor fella, he got it so bad he looks like a girl now ! His poor fins will probably never be the same...

One thing to consider when deciding to breed your male betta just for fun.....if he's got gorgeous fins...he may no longer after the process....

BUCKEYEMOLDED

AC Members
Feb 18, 2005
Hi MQ
This was fun to read
very well done (thanks) :thm:

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
Awww man. I wanted to see baby betta's!! lol. I really think this is fascinating. How long will it take to condition them up again? You have done an awesome job with the pictures. I can't wait to see the continuing saga of betta breeding....."As the Spawn Turns"
Thank you so much for sharing with us.

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
I agree with Harlock..betta peep show...
Very interesting. Do you have any other colors? On my desk at work I have a nice red male betta.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store