Hooray! I have a tank!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cuddlebug910

Cuddlier than any other bug
Mar 2, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Whether or not a betta gets along with ANY other fish depends on the individual betta. I guess the exception to this would be a male betta with another male betta, as this is never a good idea. (There are exceptions to this too I'm sure...) There are a number of people I know that keep bettas (male bettas) in community tanks with no problems. And others that need to be kept separate from everything but snails. It just depends on the fish.

Pootspete

AC Members
Jul 26, 2001
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
members.tripod.com
I have a royal blue long finned male betta. No problems at all with any fin nipping from anyone. I have had another betta in the past with the same set up, and no problem.:cool:

Bolo Frumblefoot

wasn't in the theme song
Oct 11, 2000
Newark, Ohio
I think the betta would be plenty docile enough to go along with tetras. Personally I would just go with the betta and 2-3 small cories or kuhlis. The schooling fishes protection against anything mean or predatory (in which I don't include a betta) is speed and numbers both of which don't help in a six gallon tank. So really I would try to avoid it.

Finzzup

AC Members
Dec 1, 2002
NW Iowa
Visit site
Originally posted by Pootspete
CONGRATS! I believe I mentioned to you in another post that my Betta is doing fine with my neons...
Thanks, Pootspete! I am very excited! And I do remember you commenting about the Neons with your Betta -- I went back and found more info.

I appreciate everybody's help! I think I'm going to try the Neons -- they are just so pretty, they're irresistable!

My Betta seems pretty easy-going, too. Hopefully it will all work out!

Tyler718

AC Members
Feb 17, 2002
Stafford, Va
Real Name
David
Originally posted by O-man21
Now that I know this info abotu your betta, I also think that it will be fine to get neons in that tank
I agree!! I'm also partial to neons. I have 10 that school around one of my tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store