Freshwater from my fish room

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
It looks like there is some bacterial warfare going on in there
It's not like that, I used a homemade substrate that they sell in my lfs, which is not washed, so the water was cloudy for several days, today my plants are beginning to prosper and the water is totally crystal clear.

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
I have some pictures here, it doesn't even come close to the great tanks here but it's a start and I hope the tank improves, only low requirement plants here, I have Ceratopteris thalictroides which is growing fast but I have no idea how to take a cutting If anyone knows can you please tell me.
20220408_154033~2.jpg
20220408_154256~2.jpg
20220328_193739~2.jpg

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
My plants have started to grow even more, I have made the first cut to my Sumatran Fern, I have a little diatom algae so I have decreased the hours of light, and next week I will start with two water changes a week, this will help? I also started to add Iron, especially for my Echinodorus ozelot that started to wilt but seems to be recovering.
20220415_211454.jpg

NicePoeci

AC Members
Oct 30, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
www.nicepoeci.com
Real Name
Andrew
If im having algae problems I will definitely change water twice a week but just keep an eye on the fish during changes. Sometimes there seems to be an issue nitrifying water that is too algaeic. Yours looks good but I have had issues doing too many water changes in similar aquariums to where ill remove half the water and then fill up 25% in one hour and then wait 5 hours and finish the other 25%. Ordinarily, if there is no green water I change 50% per week but your tank looks fine and the plants look like they like your water so keep it up.

Reactions: Lalo J.

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Thank you for answering, I definitely don't have green water but I do have diatom algae, after cleaning the crystals I can see that it is not so much above the plants but above the rocks, tomorrow I will do another water change and I will wait for the end of week to make another. I also prune my Limnophila, of which I will almost completely populate the tank if it continues to grow as it does, also my Echinodorus ozelot starts to grow little by little.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
water sprite (ceratopteris) is a fern. It grows baby ferns on its leaves or upper stems where leaves connect. I can't see any on yours but they might be there. If it's just too bushy you can remove a stem close to the base & either remove it or let it float, it may grows babies too.

Your tank is looking good!

NicePoeci, your tank is pretty! But algae in moss is just 1 of the reasons I'm not a fan, lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store