Freshwater from my fish room

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Hello friends, this is a section of the freshwater area that is in my fish room (still under construction), since I have not advanced much due to work and other things, but several days ago, so I got a 20 gallon tank in where I'm keeping my corydoras and my precious little ground fish, the tank is still in its infancy and what I have here is a temporary thing, I'm thinking of adding a 40 to 50 gallon tank to my freshwater section but I need think about it and somehow I would like to connect it to my 60 gallon bucket, making a single system that can include several fish, among the ones I'm most interested in are bottom fish, I plan to get some clown loaches under 2" and start keeping them in the smallest space which in this case would be the 20 gallon tank, I would like to see them grow until they reach the 60 gallon bucket.
This is the 20 gallon tank that I got, it's used but very well made, my little Corydoras are very comfortable, they enhanced their coloration in a few days and they are feeding quite well.
20220222_203232~2.jpg
I still have to decorate this tank, the plants and arrangements will arrive in a few days, so I will have news, in addition to Corydoras I need a small school of fish here, I was thinking of Rasbora hengeli, I like black neons a lot but I think this tank is not would be suitable for them as I don't plan to move tetras or rasboras species from one tank to another, more to come soon...
20220301_235139~2.jpg
20220301_235159~2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: NoodleCats

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, Lalo, you need to ID those plants (& fish?) in those bags.

What is your young loach? I'm going to guess a kubotai or maybe histrionica? Does he have friends? You know I'm all about loaches...although your corys look nice too.

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
I have not stopped to identify this loach, but it's practically identical to Botia histrionica and it's possible that it is, in the lfs they told me that it was a yoyo loach but frankly I see it far from that, by the way, I'm not sure if I mentioned it previously but I did not lose my Kubotai loach, while I was moving the gravel from one tank to another it came out of nowhere as if it had been buried there, I'm very happy to see it and from time to time it comes out, especially to eat lol.
There are no groups of loaches or corydoras in the lfs, that is very rare, when I get to the stores there may be one yoyo loach in one tank and two other clown loach in another tank (fo example), but not in groups, that is the reason why that I don't get species in groups, there aren't any in the lfs, I also suspect that my golden lasser corys are not really that species, I think they were confused with Corydoras melanotaenia, with which I have compared and they look identical.

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Well, with all the attitude today I set out to build the aquascape that I'm going to have in my tank, since the plants were planted temporarily, I only forgot that I'm terrible at creating aquascapes, so I spent more than two hours arranging rocks and the only wood I have left, and I couldn't get to anything, fish and plants wait in a 15 gallon container, I go to bed pretty bummed but hopefully tomorrow I can create something regularly decent, I'm going to use aquabasis plus from JBL, and the plants that I got today will have to wait until tomorrow (if time permitting) to get a final product.
IMG_20220325_215003.jpg

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Sometimes when I am stuck on a scape plan, I look at the plants I have to use for the scape, and I search specifically for scapes containing those plants.

Example:
"Hygrophila aquascape" on Google images and then just go down the search wormhole. Can sometimes get an idea or two and can combine ideas you like and make it your own.

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Sometimes when I am stuck on a scape plan, I look at the plants I have to use for the scape, and I search specifically for scapes containing those plants.

Example:
"Hygrophila aquascape" on Google images and then just go down the search wormhole. Can sometimes get an idea or two and can combine ideas you like and make it your own.
I have a lot of pictures of planted tanks on my laptop and have looked at them many times (there are a few of yours by the way ? ) but I like the MD fish tanks channel and I think after looking at examples for a while I'll probably delete the wood I don't have many plants but it won't be that hard to fill a tank this size.

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Finally I was able to do something here, waiting for the water to clear up, I really liked it since I had been looking for this color gravel for a long time, but I need more plants because I want a bushy area on the right side, unfortunately I lost two fish in this pair of days they were in the 15 gallon bucket, the biggest of my sexlineata rainbowfishes that jumped through a small gap that the lid on the container didn't cover, and my kubotai loach that always gets lost and shows up later but I'm not sure this is anyway, I think I've definitely lost it.
20220327_210059~2.jpg

Reactions: NoodleCats
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store