Will my weather loach grow

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
I think I will have no luck rehoming it? There is no one around interested in things like this. The pet stores suck around here. Any advice on how I could go about doing that
Look up the Ohio Fish Rescue on FB, contact them or leave a message at their FB group. They have a network of aquarists with large tanks and will arrange for someone to pick your weather loach up at no charge, and give it a good home.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I think I will have no luck rehoming it? There is no one around interested in things like this. The pet stores suck around here. Any advice on how I could go about doing that
What is in the 2.5 gal with the weather loach? Do you have gravel and decor in there? Could you move that gravel, decor and the filter into a bigger container? Don't wash it, scrub it or let it dry, move it over wet. It doesn't even have to be an aquarium. It could be a large plastic storage tote. I'm not sure where you live, but I believe the last day for the Petco $1/gal sale is today. You could get a 40gal for ~$40, which is half the normal cost.

Regardless, you have to be committed to keeping fish. Regular water changes, measuring water parameters, etc. They can be a bit of work. If you're not up to it, it's best to try to rehome to a good home.

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Albuquerque
Real Name
Josh
Try Craigslist, just be sure to ask questions so you know it’s going to a good home or OFR like he said

Reactions: the loach

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Much better option. On craiglist there can be some creeps who would put the loach in a 10 gallon. And we no want that…do we?
I'm no cutting edge dude, but I didn't think CL was still hanging in there.

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Albuquerque
Real Name
Josh
Where? With abusive creeps? LOL.
Saw once a rescue vid on YT, two quite large goldfish in i think in a 0.5 or 1.5 gallon plastic tank with half water in the tank.
Lol what a D**k, I hate those YouTubers. Anytime I rehome a fish I ask some questions and require pics of the tank they intend to put the fish in

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store