Will my weather loach grow

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Benjun

AC Members
Jan 29, 2021
I had a 2.5 gallon tank and put a small weather loach in it for almost a year. It has doubled in size. I actually just found out what kind of fish it was, care and all that. I got a much larger tank now. Will it continue to grow???

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
I had a 2.5 gallon tank and put a small weather loach in it for almost a year. It has doubled in size. I actually just found out what kind of fish it was, care and all that. I got a much larger tank now. Will it continue to grow???
Did you keep the nitrates down? As long as your water quality was good, it shouldn’t be stunted. But keeping water quality good in a 2.5 with a Dojo would require 50% water changes almost daily. I had a dojo several years ago that was 11”

Benjun

AC Members
Jan 29, 2021
Did you keep the nitrates down? As long as your water quality was good, it shouldn’t be stunted. But keeping water quality good in a 2.5 with a Dojo would require 50% water changes almost daily. I had a dojo several years ago that was 11”
Unfortunately not. The 2.5 gallon tank came with a not soo good filtration system

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Its still a not soo big one. 10 gallon I think. It is maybe 5 inches now?
You’re gonna want much bigger than a 10, I’d say at least a 40 for a dojo that will get 12” easily. Preferably bigger. It may or may not be stunted, I’d get it an appropriate sized tank and keep those parameters good and see what happens. They also do better in groups. If you want a similar loach for a 10g, I’d go with a khuli but they’re not as personable as the dojo

Reactions: the loach

Benjun

AC Members
Jan 29, 2021
You’re gonna want much bigger than a 10, I’d say at least a 40 for a dojo that will get 12” easily. Preferably bigger. It may or may not be stunted, I’d get it an appropriate sized tank and keep those parameters good and see what happens. They also do better in groups. If you want a similar loach for a 10g, I’d go with a khuli but they’re not as personable as the dojo
Okay thanks a bunch

Reactions: FishAddict74

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
FA is right about all of that. They are very social fish and it is really lonely now. You might want to consider rehoming it and get fish that do well in a 10 G.
I have weather loaches myself, they can easily grow 4" in a year without power feeding them.

Reactions: FishAddict74

Benjun

AC Members
Jan 29, 2021
FA is right about all of that. They are very social fish and it is really lonely now. You might want to consider rehoming it and get fish that do well in a 10 G.
I have weather loaches myself, they can easily grow 4" in a year without power feeding them.
I think I will have no luck rehoming it? There is no one around interested in things like this. The pet stores suck around here. Any advice on how I could go about doing that

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store