Seachem Tidal 110 filter

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I needed to swap some filters around on my tanks and was in the market for a new large HOB for the tanks on my double (upper/lower) stand. I was intrigued by these new HOBs and got one for just over $62 shipped to my door. This filter has about the same specs as an AquaClear 110, with a slightly smaller footprint.

Pros:
- Has a heater clip on the side.
- Nice threaded leveling adjustment.
- Media basket designed for your own media and media configuration.
- Nice fitting lid with no rattling with low, but some vibration.
- Low mounted pump which allows it to self prime.
- Flow adjustment can be dialed from no flow to full flow.
- Built by Sicce, which I'm told is good.

Cons:
- No replacement parts or media available yet.
- Very skimpy mechanical media and it's an odd shape, not real easy to replicate.
- Bypasses easily if you add more media.
- Do not seem to get much suction from lower suction strainer. Most flow gets drawn into the top skimmer.
- Just as noisy as any HOB, with some splashing noise even with tank topped up.

Below is a pic of the Tidal 110 sitting on top of an AC110 and a mechanical filtration sponge for the Tidal 110 on the left and an Aquaclear 110 sponge on the right.

apastuszak

AC Members
Jun 2, 2015
Bensalem, PA
www.stamphacks.com
Real Name
Andy
Camera Used
iPhone XR
I bought one of these also. I got the 55 and saw the media bypass demonstrated on a YouTube video. Every filter is going to have SOME bypass. But it's kind of disturbing that they give you so much room for media, and packing it full will cause a bypass.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store