HR 669 : CONGRESSIONAL HEARING BANNING NONNATIVE SPECIES APRIL 23, 2009 ACTION NEEDED

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

evelyn80

Guru at procrastinating
Aug 10, 2008
in your house!!
glass shrimp id imagine would stay being there from america(i think). i sure hope this doesnt go through! the prices of equipment would be crazy insane!

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
well, this is a piece of US legislation, not international.... so the only effect i imagine it having on canadians is that you wouldn't be able to buy or sell fish from/to americans...

Which means nothing but common fish, unless Canada suddenly becomes the pet nation of the world :p:

Kevin S.

Barb Wired
Jan 3, 2009
Derry, NH
This is a result of a few bad, irresponsible people who can't even be described as fishkeepers. These people dabble in the hobby without doing research and release their fish or reptiles into the wild when they outgrow their tanks or when they lose interest. In my opinion fish and game departments are there for a reason and should be going the extra mile to prosecute these people who are the minority intstead of painting all hobbyists with a broad brush. Legal or illegal the idiots are the ones who will still have their fish and be releasing them while us responsible FISHKEEPERS suffer for their stupidity. Contact your congressperson, I sure will.

deeleywoman

All men are equal before fish.
Mar 9, 2009
Newport News, VA
www.etsy.com
we've already come to that conclusion, neo. <3

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
No more wet pets or other animals/mammals/critters. Another fine example of government screwing up society with their mediocrity and laziness.

If they are so worried about pathogenic or parasitic invasion, they will need to put a stop to all international travel as well. How stupid can you get??? After all there is no telling what bugs, etc may have come in on the trains, planes, and boats!!!

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Just because invasive species are destroying Guam, we have to deal with a fascist bill that would destroy OUR hobby? Ridiculous. I'm incredibly angry about this.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Even if that's what you are thinking, something needs to be done whether it is a fluke or not.
Exactly. All these (fine people) need is one year of apathy and they can take this as justification to advance their hairbrained scheme and foist it upon America.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store