What is the name of that store ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
There is a good store for purchasing titanium heaters and controllers. It is slipping from my memory but it has been around forever - small family store mail order. They also sell bags for shipping fishes; pumps and stuff - a lot of less common but very good equipment. I just can't htink of the name.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Kensfish or Jehmco maybe?

Reactions: jake72

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
I'm a fan of Jehmco, I've bought a fair amount of stuff from them for setting up a fish room to fish bags for auctions.

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Yea - i'm going to need a lot of heaters - setting up the following aquairums in april:
10ftx4ft (loaches/angels)
8ftx4ft (festum/geo)
72inchx30inch (bedroom - plant tank - replaces my 40b)
72x24inch (extra tank for ill behaved festum/angels)
4ftx4ft (blackwater paladurium)
4ftx4ft (cupid/leo/a. puc)
-
going to be a *lot* of work for 2 months.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Dang Jake, we're going to need LOTS of pics after your move. I like the idea of a tank for ill behaved fish! LOL

I'm going to need a translation on that last tank :) I have no guesses on cupid (some kinda cichlid... I think, yes, I looked it up! ) & leo?...& a few on a.puc. Not all of us speak in those abreviations...please 'splain it to us in a nice way.

I used to live fairly close to Ken of kensfish. He's a great guy with good foods ( but read the ingredients) & reasonably priced equipment. He also went to many NE meets & had cheap frozen foods.

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Dang Jake, we're going to need LOTS of pics after your move. I like the idea of a tank for ill behaved fish! LOL

I'm going to need a translation on that last tank :) I have no guesses on cupid (some kinda cichlid... I think, yes, I looked it up! ) & leo?...& a few on a.puc. Not all of us speak in those abreviations...please 'splain it to us in a nice way.

I used to live fairly close to Ken of kensfish. He's a great guy with good foods ( but read the ingredients) & reasonably priced equipment. He also went to many NE meets & had cheap frozen foods.
cupid is a lie - was hopeful for Biotodoma wavrini but if i can't find them then Biotodoma cupid
leo is Pterophyllum leopoldi
--
I'm not over joyed with the ingrediants in Kens' cichild food so i stopped using it and mostly use omega-one and fluval bug bites and some nls algemax to give the loaches and angles some greens.
-
I wish ken would take picture of his jumbo drift wood for me so i can decide if i want to buy it. It is a good price but i hate to buy it unseen.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I have several huge driftwood pieces if you live anywhere near me. They are too big to ship except as freight. The nice thing about them is they can be used bother horizontally or they will stand up on end. The are in the 2 -3 foot length range. By I am in NY about 35 mile NNE of NYC as the crow flies.

You cannot find wood this size at kens or live aquaria or anyplace else similar. You might find them on Ebay or a similar site. I spotted them for sale on the MFK site and drove 4 hours round trip to buy them. I did not need them all but it was a package deal.

I got it on MFK- go to this thread and scroll down to the 4 pieieces all standing up- I have them all plus the mopani and one or two more. https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/few-pieces-of-driftwood.747066/

I used kens foods for almost 20 years. I make my own mix of several of his flakes and several of his sinking sticks. But I also feed a lot of frozen and Repashy. I just sold all my kensfish sticks as I recently bought almost 9 pounds of the Ebo-Aquaristik foods from Germany. https://www.ebo-aquaristik.de/en/ It is mostly for my plecos and corys. But they do flake as well.

Btw- Ken, who founded kensfish.com, no longer owns it. He sold it. I get some frozen foods there now and then. The ones Jehmco doen't carry.

Last edited:

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
That's a shame about Kensfish no longer being owned by the founder, they should update their About page to reflect that it's under new ownership.

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
I have several huge driftwood pieces if you live anywhere near me. They are too big to ship except as freight. The nice thing about them is they can be used bother horizontally or they will stand up on end. The are in the 2 -3 foot length range. By I am in NY about 35 mile NNE of NYC as the crow flies.

You cannot find wood this size at kens or live aquaria or anyplace else similar. You might find them on Ebay or a similar site. I spotted them for sale on the MFK site and drove 4 hours round trip to buy them. I did not need them all but it was a package deal.

I got it on MFK- go to this thread and scroll down to the 4 pieieces all standing up- I have them all plus the mopani and one or two more. https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/few-pieces-of-driftwood.747066/

I used kens foods for almost 20 years. I make my own mix of several of his flakes and several of his sinking sticks. But I also feed a lot of frozen and Repashy. I just sold all my kensfish sticks as I recently bought almost 9 pounds of the Ebo-Aquaristik foods from Germany. https://www.ebo-aquaristik.de/en/ It is mostly for my plecos and corys. But they do flake as well.

Btw- Ken, who founded kensfish.com, no longer owns it. He sold it. I get some frozen foods there now and then. The ones Jehmco doen't carry.
I was in boston for 20 years but now i live in tennessee so it would be a long walk - even driving would be 4 days or so round trip so nothing easy. Shipping would be the only option. The jumbo size that zoo med sells ($45 at ken with free shipping) is quite large but you never know if it will be a round blob or a longish piece or really anything else about it. I wish he would take pictures. There is a fellow on ebay who took pictures for me but he wants $70 a piece so not cheap. I can buy twice as much at ken but no clue what it will be like ;)

It sounds like your plans changed since you purchased them last year - what happened ?

Do you know when Ken changed ownership.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store