update on my tank 55 gallons.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
LOL, that is a king kamfa flower horn, faaar better than an oscar, but sadly day two of him not eating :( ill wait a few more days, ex owner said he will eat, he is HIGHLY aggressive and a BIG time eater, so we shall see

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Wow that oscar is big enough to be made into a pork chop. By any chance is his name pork chop?
LOL.. My oscar is more of a porterhouse, the severum a definite pork chop. Both fish are about 2yrs/old. The oscar is pretty small at 9-10". The Severum is 6-7". My 75g is really the minimum size you should have for a single oscar. These two in there can push the limits.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
What you talking about small? 10 inch is not small. In my book 1 inch is small, 5 inch medium,10 inch big,24 inch very big, 50 inch YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING, THAT THING IS GONNA EAT MY HAND!!!

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
9-10" is on the small side for an oscar at 2 years old. Might just be a small individual, or may not have grown to its full potential. If you think of an oscar as a cichlid then even a small oscar can be pretty big in comparison to other cichlids.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
well sadly my king kamfa flower horn isnt doing good, got him for free, hoping he pulls through for the night, going to do a large water change tomm, put a different heater in and set it at 85 ( has a BUNCH of TINY white dots, smaller than ich too :( ) so going to do a large water change tomm and see what happens from there, i have ALOT of air flowing in the tank, two large filters AND a bubbler wand thingy.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Regardless of the dot size, it still sounds like a bad case of ich. I think you're on the right track by cranking up the water temp, adding aeration and frequent large water changes.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Why did you get him for free?
Sorry to hear about your flowerhorn. Sounds like he is not adjusting very well :( temp might be a finishing move for him, honestly. 85 pushes a fish to its very limits in my experience. Probably not too good a temp if he wasn't eating before the white dots showed up. If you have the space why not qt?

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Sorry to hear about your flowerhorn. Sounds like he is not adjusting very well :( temp might be a finishing move for him, honestly. 85 pushes a fish to its very limits in my experience. Probably not too good a temp if he wasn't eating before the white dots showed up. If you have the space why not qt?
I meant that the temp might do more harm than good. Usually the water changes and aeration are enough. I'm worried about that flowerhorn.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store