Strange angel fins?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

M00n3at3r

AC Members
Aug 21, 2013
Hi everyone, so I'm not sure if I need to be worried or if it's just part of my angels morph. He is one of the "assorted" angels you get from LFS, very cool coloring, but his side fins are very short. I don't recall if they were this short when I bought him, but it doesn't seem to bother him. His other fins don't show any signs of fin rot, nor do my other angels'. Here he is:IMG_00000548.jpg he also has done this total color change, his body is now silver with black brown stripes, bright yellow lips and dorsal fin and blue front lower fins. Is he sick? Should I QT and maybe treat him with some melafix and see if that helps him??

IMG_00000548.jpg

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
the stripes on angels can change depending on many conditions..

generally it's considered normal for angels that are comfortable.. stressing will often make the stripes fade as well as over all blackness to the body.

the fin looks like it was trimmed. they are generally much larger.. could be a defect bit I still suspect it was trimmed somehow.

M00n3at3r

AC Members
Aug 21, 2013
the stripes on angels can change depending on many conditions..

generally it's considered normal for angels that are comfortable.. stressing will often make the stripes fade as well as over all blackness to the body.

the fin looks like it was trimmed. they are generally much larger.. could be a defect bit I still suspect it was trimmed somehow.
If they were trimmed it would have been before I got it, but is there any way I can help him grow them back out?

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
if it's not a genetic issue the fin may grow back on it's own.
you don't need to do anything but provide a healthy environment for the Angel

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store