Some pictures

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Looks great !
They [planted tanks] are dynamic, cyclical, and ever changing. Almost never static. Aggressively growing or too many plants, not enough growth of one or another, algae of this or that kind. Never the same.
In the last picture, what is the plant in the foreground, center?
Do you mean the Staurogyne Repens; at first it looked like it was all going to die out but now it has been spreading quite a bit. One problem is I use inert substrates so it takes a while for plants to adapt. I've had it for close to a year and in the past month it has spread about 25% from original foot print.

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Man I loved your angelfish tank, the dense planting is magnificent, what size is it? are you using any fertilizer?

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Man I loved your angelfish tank, the dense planting is magnificent, what size is it? are you using any fertilizer?
The aquarium with angels is a 120 and i use thrive once a week at about 80% the recommended dosage. I also use thrive's iron at the same rate.

Reactions: Lalo J.

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Added some blue shrimps to keep my red shrimps happy as well as Hygrophila Serpyllum seen behind the shrimps. The reds have done amazingly well in the 4 weeks I've had them - gone from tiny things to having their own eggs. Let us see how the blues do. Maybe if i mix red and blue i'll get purple ?

bs.jpg

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Pretty shrimp! I'm worried they will turn into less colorful more natural tiger brown after a while. I love your blues & reds but I'd segregate them by color if you can. Which kind of blues are they? I've only kept reds of various kinds & "mutts" including a spectacular turquoise.

I'm surprised your angels don't snack them up. Don't they try?

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Pretty shrimp! I'm worried they will turn into less colorful more natural tiger brown after a while. I love your blues & reds but I'd segregate them by color if you can. Which kind of blues are they? I've only kept reds of various kinds & "mutts" including a spectacular turquoise.

I'm surprised your angels don't snack them up. Don't they try?
This is the 5 - no angels in the 5 ;) However if i get a lot of browns - i'll put them in my apisto or angel tank ;) As to what type - no clue - I could ask the person i purchased them from but to be honest he was a reliable seller and showed me a picture and I took the approach they would go well with the reds.

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Added this plant. Thought it would go in the 29 when i purchased it but when i received it - 120 was only real option; unfortunately the 120 needs the glass clean; pity it wouldn't fit in the 29:

xxxx.jpg

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Here we have a guppy hanging out with her new bffs. While the picture is but an instance in time - she has been spending most of the days chilling with them:
gg.jpg

Reactions: dudley
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store