Ready to restock 29G. What's your coolest stocking ideas?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pharasalia

Minion of Aquarius
Feb 9, 2007
Fort Myers, FL
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Melisa
I have been away for awhile. About a year and a half ago, I lost all my fish when I was hospitalized after a major surgery and then in a short coma thanks to anaphylactic shock. My tanks were neglected during my hospitalization and subsequent recovery.

I have a 29G planted tank with sand substrate. That is the only tank that was kept up and running - one was broken down, one given away, and a third was actually stolen while they were in the process of moving - bizarre, but this is Florida haha. So I am left with my 29G. My fish are gone, but the plants and MTS snails are doing just fine. I have replaced the filter and given it some overdue maintenance. Test results are coming back good.

I'm ready to stock and add some more plants. Problem is, I have no idea what I want to stock. I want to do something different than what I've done before so that means no barbs and no goldfish for starters. This is my coming back celebratory tank and I want to make it awesome. What are your favorite / coolest stocking ideas?

Reactions: Wild West

Astarell

AC Members
Jan 28, 2011
West Coast
Real Name
Sara
Neon tetras are always standard for a little flash, and I'm partial to endlers myself. They're bright, colorful, and active all day. Add in a couple shrimp in your choice of color which are really fun to watch as well and you've got the makings of a bright, firework-y celebration tank. :)

Reactions: Wild West

Wild West

AC Members
Mar 6, 2015
I have been away for awhile. About a year and a half ago, I lost all my fish when I was hospitalized after a major surgery and then in a short coma thanks to anaphylactic shock. My tanks were neglected during my hospitalization and subsequent recovery.

I have a 29G planted tank with sand substrate. That is the only tank that was kept up and running - one was broken down, one given away, and a third was actually stolen while they were in the process of moving - bizarre, but this is Florida haha. So I am left with my 29G. My fish are gone, but the plants and MTS snails are doing just fine. I have replaced the filter and given it some overdue maintenance. Test results are coming back good.

I'm ready to stock and add some more plants. Problem is, I have no idea what I want to stock. I want to do something different than what I've done before so that means no barbs and no goldfish for starters. This is my coming back celebratory tank and I want to make it awesome. What are your favorite / coolest stocking ideas?
I hope you made a full recover from surgery and subsequent coma:) I am considering endlers here too....

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Sorry to hear of your hardships but glad to hear you are recovering well! What are your water conditions? pH, GH, KH?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store