RBTA CLOUDING WATER

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kryptic4l

AC Members
May 21, 2007
Antartica
just picked up a healthy well colored nice mouth rbta yesterday at the store. put him in my tank and it has gone into hiding, i have also noticed my water is now cloudy still as of this morning. Just wondering what could be going on as I have not had cloudy water like this since I added sand. Havent had time to check parameters just yet, just noticed it on my way out to work today any ideas?

archer772

AC Members
Apr 20, 2006
Caro Michigan
I have never seen a BTA itself cloud the water, are you sure its still alive because I have seen water cloud up real bad if one dies depending on the size.

kryptic4l

AC Members
May 21, 2007
Antartica
Ill have to take a look later tonight when i get home, I hope it didnt die. The only other thing i can think of is I somehow stirred up some sediment in my filter chambers perhaps sending it into a cycle of sorts i think either way a bit of a water change is in order for the night

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Actually, stress can induce spawning and even emptying of stomach contents, both of which can cloud the water quite a bit. I'd look to see if it is still alive, however, and do a water change if possible. Also, an addition of fresh activated carbon won't hurt.

kryptic4l

AC Members
May 21, 2007
Antartica
well figured out the problem, I have a powerhead buried in my rock structure, it found its way down into it and its toast........ frackin heck, it "was" a nice specimen....

kryptic4l

AC Members
May 21, 2007
Antartica
actually in my case it was a bulb tipped :) , but anyways....... tank has now crashed, lost my perculas, trying drastically to get my nitrates down, so my clowns are the big part of my losses nitrates were over 40 last night, woke up had to do a waterchange before work, now im typing this as a see the results from this morning before i do the next water change

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store