Old timers check in.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Yeah, this site harks back to a time when online there weren't the proliferation of aquarium forums that continue to be the case now. Also the influence of sites like mybook has contributed to the splintering of attention. Social media has proved to be anything but social for it doesn't bring people together but splinters society into microcosm groups ad infinitum.

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
I know to some degree that FB pulled me away from here but it was more than just that. When chat went away I wasn't as interested as I used to be.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
We still need a real chat room.. this is much better than the last though.....

Greggz

AC Members
Feb 2, 2008
Novi, MI
I guess I’m old but not an old timer. I’ve posted on this board over the years, started a few threads, but wouldn’t call myself a regular. All in all, I have spent much more time here reading than posting.

I believe those who are active here provide a great service, and I hope there are those that appreciate the years of cumulative experience they can draw from. Back in the day, there was no internet, and it was mostly trial and error. You had to figure a lot out yourself. I wonder if people understand how much easier it is today.

As a person who has kept aquariums for almost 40 years, I do have some experience, and should probably contribute more here myself. I hope this board and the hobby continue, as I still enjoy learning new things about the hobby, and still enjoy my tank on a daily basis.

So thanks again to those old timers who keep things going here.

Reactions: Rbishop

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I have found, from my observations, that many new folks to the hobby and a forum format, often equate volume of responses to their answer. So many forums, and internet spots give such conflicting guidance. Part of that is the members lack of familiarity with the respondents.

Often I hear folks comment that if the correct advice has been posted, they seldom respond. But by not responding, they are not helping the individual realize what direction to go. I hate to make it so simple as a weighted factor, but it is true from my experience. A simple click of "Like" to a post can do wonders....or even a quote of the post and a thumbs up.

;)

Greggz

AC Members
Feb 2, 2008
Novi, MI
I hate to make it so simple as a weighted factor, but it is true from my experience. A simple click of "Like" to a post can do wonders....or even a quote of the post and a thumbs up.;)
Thumbs up to you Sir.:):):) I do agree, and I will try to contribute more myself. I even liked your last post! How's that for a start.

Reactions: Rbishop

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
:D

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
BTW...think we are overdue to more exquisite pics of that 'bow tank....

Reactions: Greggz
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store