Nipping issue

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

EverKi

AC Members
Feb 13, 2015
Canada
Already have a BN pleco he's my favourite one in there lol. Would a pair of Rams work with the tetras being nippy? they are beautiful fish! I also love cories might see what I can find for them around here, if I do get cories I want to switch to sand which I plan to do anyways cause we lost most the rocks when we moved the tank :(

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Many fish now have long finned varieties, I'd stay away from them all: BNs, rams & some corys all have that mutation. I prefer normal finned fish anyway. If you have hiding spots &/or lots of plants they may work especially with a few more tetras. I think a cory group or a bn should be Dad's next move. Then see how the tetras behave. The foot print on a 37g is only 30 x 12 inches, so corys & a BN would pretty much fill the floor space.

If his heart is set on cichlids eventually, you might skip 1 or the other species since they're all virtually bottom dwellers too. If he had a pair small cichlids (rams, kribs, or apistos) he'd get the interesting breeding behavior & the tetras would take care of (almost?) all of the fry. :) the best option IMO.

EverKi

AC Members
Feb 13, 2015
Canada
Thanks, I'll talk with him and see what I can convince him to do, he doesn't have any experience really so other then feeding the fish I take care of the tank for him so shouldn't be too hard to convince him of cories and maybe a small pair of cichlid:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store