New Aquarium Rack

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kannan Fodder

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas/San Diego
Real Name
Michelle
....which would in turn reduce my overall electrical usage since I could run fewer lights than I am now, and probably LED's.
That would go a looooong way toward convincing me!!! Plus some of the LED set ups available have all sorts of cool functions and timers, and are much nicer. You might also be able to cut costs further since you won't have to keep replacing bulbs.

Reactions: cicrush13

cicrush13

AC Members
Oct 4, 2010
Detroit
Real Name
Steve
That would go a looooong way toward convincing me!!! Plus some of the LED set ups available have all sorts of cool functions and timers, and are much nicer. You might also be able to cut costs further since you won't have to keep replacing bulbs.
I used the current sattelite LED plant light for the rack I made, they can be programed and changed into many modes. Pretty sweet, but expensive right now.
A 48" LED runs around $110.

Kannan Fodder

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas/San Diego
Real Name
Michelle
I have something similar that came with the new tank. My first LED was a National Geographic brand from Petsmart, that I could program with on/off times and day/night mode. Made it nice for when I was out of town so my petsitter didn't have to worry about the lights.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store