My new blue carpet anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
I'd like to add that S. gigantea is one of (if not the most--possibly more than H. magnifica) the most demanding anemone species available to hobbyists. They require more light and water flow than just about all other species. Even that doesn't guarantee survival.

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
nice! How much did THAT puppy run you? haha
Also, I would agree that it is bleached, and the fact that it is mainly the disk that is lacking color, I also think that it's a POSSIBILITY that it might be dyed, with more of the teal color.
Hopefully it does well.
Good luck! :D

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Thanks everyone!
I don't believe it is dyed..The pics I took are point and shoot I sux at the pics but I am no carpet expert so i do not know what this color morph is supposed to look like, the mouth is yellow and is closed here is a sight that has a better pic of wht mines looks like, I saw 2 at a Orlando store over the weekend but it was very over priced..then i saw this one at a local LFS for the right price..all three were the same color blue
http://www.reefhotspot.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1956
thanks for the advice guys and gals!
I will keep a my eyes on it :)

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
It's not dyed, but it is bleached. If it were dyed, more parts of it would be blue--like the disc itself, and not just the tentacles.

Judging by their description on the site, even they think it is an S. gigantea.

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
I will most likely sell it, but it looks lovely in the tank haha
I'm confused... You bought it and think you'll most likely sell it???

If it fully recovers, it should be a really nice anemone.

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
yep..I kinda bought it as a slprurge because of the great price i got, i know i know..I am going to keep it till it gets to big for my 75 or if I get to upgrade to my 125 then i will keep it..i am sure someone in my reef club would be be more than happy to take it off my hands by then :)

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Love your new coral....but really like your RBTA with Killa. How often do you feed your RBTA - looks fantastic.

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
THAT is gorgeous! Definitely a good reason to upgrade to the 125! I *really* want a carpet nem, but I'm *really* afraid of them eating all my fish. :lol2: I heard about someone in my local club having one eat some $200 or more fish, I forget what kind, but DANG, I'd be bummed!

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
I feed the RBTA once a week, 2 frozen cubes of Prime Reef :) it is huge, i have to keep moving my powerhead so that when it fully inflates it doesn't get caught

Yes the whole eating of the fish has me paranoid, the bleaching on my carpet seems to be getting better, it is regaining some darker pigmentation starting on the edges..i didn't know it was bleached or I would probablly never have bought it..never buy on a splurge kids..lesson learned

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store