Lalo's new freshwater project

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
This is a current view of my 20 gallon tank, no plants at all but soon I will start with a planted tank of the same size, new fish, new ideas, any suggestions?
20230523_225039~2.jpg

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I'm a big proponent to go with what works well in your water and you have readily available.

For example, if you have really soft water I wouldn't try going with something like valisnaria.

I prefer the jungle look when it comes to plants, and generally rosette plants that are not too big for the aquarium, maybe lots of cryptocoryne with bucephelandra to highlight on the hardscape.

Livestock wise I would go for something small and simple, but in larger numbers.. I would be tempted to go with 40 or so otocinclus or plain old shrimp.

Not sure how much that helps, but it's the direction I would likely go.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Yes, Lalo, I would go as dougall has said. A 20g is very small for an angel & those loaches. Think about when they get to adult size in a year or so...

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Hi guys thanks for replying, sure I get the point of doing what works I currently have all those fish for sale as I'm running a small fish quarantine and hospitalization business so all those guys are for sale after spend a couple of months in qt. For my new 20 gallon tank I'm lost, I only have the idea of plants and the only fish I think of is veil tail Ram, but due to the temperature that rams need it may limit the options of fish to include.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store