HELP! Filter situation in need of a solution

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

KaylaP

Registered Member
Oct 20, 2015
Hello everyone, so back in December of 2014 I was gifted my first fish, a beautiful blue betta. Immediately I went out and purchased Petco's Arc 6.25g fish tank and fell in love with it's setup.

Unfortunately, it's time to change the filter catridge as they are no longer doing their job (as shown below they are terribly worn down) and to my dismay, after many calls and shopping around, I've found they've discontinued selling them along with the tank.

If anyone can PLEASE help me find an alternate solution to continue filtering his tank I would greatly appreciate it as I am new to the whole aquatics side of life.

Another thing, because of the way it's set up and the limited space, I cannot purchase another filter unless it's veryyy small as all the other ones I've seen are far too big for his tank especially because for the most part his tank is completely covered as he's a jumper.

Thank you!!image.jpeg

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Reactions: KaylaP

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Looks like ammonia or Nitrate removers. You can do without them as long as you do weekly 15% or more water changes.

KaylaP

Registered Member
Oct 20, 2015
Looks like ammonia or Nitrate removers. You can do without them as long as you do weekly 15% or more water changes.
Great! Thank you so much for the help, really put my mind at peace haha.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store