guppies fighting or mating?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fisheyfishey

AC Members
Nov 28, 2019
today i got two beautiful female guppies for my single male and i can’t tell if they are instantly mating or just fight or just swimming together. he keeps doing this to them and i don’t know wether to move him to a seperate 24 litre tank which i’m planning on raising any possible fry in. just don’t know if i would be concerned as i only added them today. they are in a 105 litre with 3 peppered corydoras and 6 neon tetras.

video on youtube;

Reactions: Margaret C

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Yep. Standard male guppy behavior. Even if you have just males they'll pester each other like that. In a mix of males and females they will incessantly bug the females like that.

I started with 4-5 male and female guppies and endlers about a year ago and now have more than I want. Most of which are packed in a 10g that's loaded with java moss and red cherry shrimp that I'm about done with too. LOL

Lenett68

Registered Member
Jan 5, 2020
today i got two beautiful female guppies for my single male and i can’t tell if they are instantly mating or just fight or just swimming together. he keeps doing this to them and i don’t know wether to move him to a seperate 24 litre tank which i’m planning on raising any possible fry in. just don’t know if i would be concerned as i only added them today. they are in a 105 litre with 3 peppered corydoras and 6 neon tetras.

video on youtube;
Looks like mating!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store