Flash Wound

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SteveInEssex

AC Members
Nov 23, 2002
England
My RTB Shark had a run in a couple of nights ago with my Gar (I assume, as he is the only thing with teeth). He has a very nasty flesh wound about 1/3 the length of his body and 0.5cm deep. It is bright red but has started to turn white around the edges. I am currently treating my tank with 'Myxazin' for a case of 'cloudy eye', I assume this is satisfactory for the flesh wound also?? I am carrying out regular water changes at present anyway due to the cycling of my tank, which I hope will help. Do fish regularly recover from major flesh wounds? Or am i fighting a loosing battle? Should I consider sectioning him off from the other fish?
It doesn't seem to have affected him in anyway, still swims around non-stop and feeds regularly.

ewok

Senile Member
Jun 11, 2002
new haven ct.
sounds pretty nuts...... wetmans probably right.....

might be able to add melafix also, but not sure if that would be wise with everything else going on...........

Kit Walker

AC Members
Jun 9, 2002
Australia
Visit site
I was going to suggest melafix, but I would hold off as I am not sure about possible toxicity of Myxazin and melafix combined. For now I'd continue the Myxazin tratment until the course is complete, and then re-evaluate the flesh wound. Under ideal water conditions flesh wounds can fix themselves, but in our non-perfect world Melafix is most often needed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store