Does ich affect ghosts/CPO (or most inverts in general)?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Octavarium

Ambassador to Cephalopods
Mar 2, 2005
East Haven, CT
Real Name
Erik
Oddly enough, I've kept fish for over 20 years since I was an 8 year old on and off, and never had ich. Well, my luck has run out...noticed some small, whites on chocalate gourami...so moved him, betta, and the fish to 10g (doing 83 degrees/super ick cure/ then water change method after 96 hours).

I remember hearing ich can't use the shells of shrimp as a host, but don't know if thats true or not, seemingly searching the internet hasn't lead me to nearls as many hard fact answers as I'd hope. So whats you guys thoughts? I still have these ghosts/CPO orange dwarf in my 60 doing fine, no signs (Like I said I think I caught in very early stage w/ fish fortunately). IF I had to treat them, it would have to be difference way than w/ med...maybe just the heat way in another tank, but let me know what you guys know or have experienced please.

EDIT: And for you loach lovers to rightly know the 5 total khuli/dojo I have in my sig, Im doing half dose Tx on them since yes I know the meds are rougher on them and scaleless fish (the bottle DOES say that, just nothing on plants or true inverts)

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
Reactions: myswtsins

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I have never used meds for ICH, just temp and salt. Your betta and Gourami and handle higher temps, so I would up the temp to 86.

Octavarium

Ambassador to Cephalopods
Mar 2, 2005
East Haven, CT
Real Name
Erik
Glad to say I got it taken care of, no spots left, still have temp around 81 in that tank after doing few small water changes and reintroducing carbon few days ago. Even bought a UV sterelizer 24W on sale for my 60 g tank to run just incase any loose ick running in the water column there (plus I wanted to have in case of any future tank algae breakouts,etc.) where I put the loaches and few others back who had the cysts fall off.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store