Depressed or sick betta

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Stephpartin

AC Members
Sep 15, 2016
I recently bought a 20 gallon high tetra color fusion and the only place it would fit is where the 6 gallon fluval edge with my betta Charlie in it. Unfortunately I had to move Charlie and his 6 gal across the room. A day after I moved him I had to go out of town but only for one day. Well when I came back I noticed that his fins were frayed and one was clamped. I thought it was fin rot but his water is very healthy. Ammonia 0, Nitrite O, Nitrate 5, PH 8.2,. The tank has been running for 4 months. Water temp is usually between 78 to 80. I do weekly water changes and vacuum 1/2 of the gravel.

I also took a couple of his porous decorations to help cycle the 20 gal. I think he was so stressed from the move and taking some of his furniture(I replaced it with new stuff) that he was biting himself because he was fine before I left. Well it's been 10 days and he eats but not as much as usual. He is blowing bubble nests but for the rest of the time he is lying in a plant or sitting on the bottom staring at the wall. He has flared at me a few times but never before this. I would say 80 percent of the time he is lying in the plants or staring at the back wall of the tank on the bottom. Any thoughts? Thank you

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store