cloudy water

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

patrick5874

125 gl cobra snakehead
Dec 2, 2002
md
Visit site
I have a 29 gallon tank 2 snakeheads 2 peacock bass and lots of cloudy water. ph is fine , ammonia levels are fine
tanks about 3-4 weeks old

please I need help

thanks
patrick

bass.jpg

wetmanNY

AC Members
Besides the advice on that good thread Jim linked, your big Cicla sp. and snakeheads put out a lot of feces. Is your filtration really up to the job?

Are you rinsing the filter media in tank water whenever you do a partial water change? This keeps the water from getting too rich in dissolved organics, which will support a population bloom of microscopic plankton-- which have almost transparent tissues that scatter the light passing through water, making it look whitish and cloudy.

Some additives can cloud very hard water temporarily I'm told. But this is not that.

Mr.Jingles

It's Aqua Live!
Aug 26, 2000
MI, USA
Although this isnt related to cloudy water, I am wondering why no one asked if you are getting a bigger tank.

Do you know much about the fish you have?

patrick5874

125 gl cobra snakehead
Dec 2, 2002
md
Visit site
thanks for the helpfull advice about the cloudy water .
and yes I do know what kind of fish i have I am moving them into a 100 gallon tank this weekend

see ya
Patrick

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store