Closer to wild?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
I wish you would have said something earlier in the week - I just ordered a half dozen of Pelvicachromis taeniatus"Moliwe" from Ted Judy that should be here tomorrow.

Good luck finding a home for your wayward cichlids

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
I wish you would have said something earlier in the week - I just ordered a half dozen of Pelvicachromis taeniatus"Moliwe" from Ted Judy that should be here tomorrow.

Good luck finding a home for your wayward cichlids
Thanks, Roy.. Offer stands,ya'll.

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
Company

I put four blackskirt tetras in with the five p. pulcher in 29 gallon tank. the kribs take turns messing with them much more than just hiding from each other. Bought two 20 gallon longs yesterday-start cycling as per seeding tonite after work..then the kribs can relax to a more normal life. Also put two serpae tetras in with pair in 55 gallon. First time i've seen the male out of his cave f or more than two seconds in a long time. My angelfish have started getting agressive with each other..have four tanks with3-5 in each,running out of room. I may have to leave town. Reputation shot.

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
Well, never found home for kribs,as shipping adult kribs is too expensive. The second pairing is producing offspring now.They spawned in the"community " tank with the blackskirts and the other three kribs. About to vacuum sand and decide who was going to move where(another tank just cycled) when I saw them bopping about, picking the bottom. There is only about nine of them, but they are looking like they probably are a couple weeks old. Grabbed everybody out except mom and dad.Will be interesting to see if any get spots on tails-older ones have not.

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
Appreciate you saying so Roy. I'm going to give the ten fry who made it so far thier own tank in the morning. I'm just lucky to have seen these guys in time.I was just about to shuffle fish again and there they were. I think the third pair is together now.And I saw a great looking little male for the last female yesterday. Trying to talk myself out of it, but he would be the only one with tailspots. Yes, I'm pleased..thanks.

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
Glad to hear your fish are doing good. Just moved my fry to own tank. Pair angelfish laid eggsfirst time and ate them next day. Don't want any more of that. I checked back on age my kribs..bought first week of June, and not too big then.Figure six weeks old then, so about 10 months old now. See you are in Pennsylvania.. my family originally from Johnstown, Pa.Moved to Florida when I was two years old. That was before I first spawned.

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
Small world! That's my hometown too! Been away for almost ten years now. I still have family there so we go back about 5 or 6 times a year. Unfortunately it's a shell of it's former self, buy hey, it's still "home" to me

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
Unfortunately all my relatives from up north have passed. I haven't been up there in 35-40 years. We used to play on concrete "shoulders" by Conemaugh River and climb crabapple trees in Morrelville area.(spelling?) Miss it a lot..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store