Best Anenome?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
i thought so, i was about to say that big thing doesnt look like a rose tip. whats the big guy?

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Green Bubble tip.. green gets washed out with a 10k light though real quick.. even 1 out of 6 bulbs being white, it still washes out the green. As soon as the first 2 of my 6 lights go out at night (1 white/1blue, leaving 4 blues) it really lights up.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
i like the way that one looks more so then the new one, the thickness of it is what i like, i like to see the clowns get lost in its thick tentacles to the point where you cant see them. the size to is perfect haha thats basically what im looking for in my 14 gall.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Best shot I could get.. clowns are so hard for me to take pics of. The tentacles will fatten up on the red one.. it is just stressed out from being moved and placed into a new home.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Roses normally go anywhere from $80-$120 at a LFS, so $100 from Vivid is right in the middle. If you buy one from a fellow reefer they usually sell from $30-$60 depending on the reefer.. but if your like me and give away tons of corals to locals in the area, they remember you and will return the favor when something comes up that you want. ;)

The green anemones are usually much cheaper than the Roses, LFS prices are usually $40-$60 for the Greens, but you can see the difference. Greens usually aren't as vibrant as the Roses.

davocean

AC Members
Nov 18, 2009
San Diego CA
Another nem choice would be a H.Malu, which is in sebae family, but much smaller.
They are also a sand dwellar, which makes it a little easier to control w/ wandering issues.
They are listed as being a little more sensitive compared to a BTA, but all nems will require stable params and an established tank.
They stay around 8" in diameter from my reading on them.
My picassos did take to BTAs, but I, and many other picasso keepers exp loss of black color while being hosted by BTAs for some unexplained reason.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store