Basic LED lighting for 20g tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ketso

Cityfied Redneck
Jan 26, 2007
Peebles, Ohio
Hello all.

Was wondering if anyone knows of a good light bar that doesn't require an app, controller, etc. One that will turn on and off when my wall timer tells it to. I don't have the luxury of being around my tank all the time. And other family members can't be bothered to reset lights. I do have a few anubias in the tank. But I think these things could grow in a coal mine. And, to be honest, other than they just won't die, I'm not sure why I've kept them this long.

Also, not looking to drop 100s of $$$ on a light or spend a bunch of time I don't have at this point on a DIY light.

(Pay no attention to my signature. That was years ago when time was plentiful)

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Aquaneat and Nicrew are two examples of LED aquarium strip lights on eBay or Amazon that are great. They're not expensive and will suit your needs.

Ketso

Cityfied Redneck
Jan 26, 2007
Peebles, Ohio
Aquaneat and Nicrew are two examples of LED aquarium strip lights on eBay or Amazon that are great. They're not expensive and will suit your needs.
Had a look at those. Not too crazy about the reviews. But might give one of them a try if I don't come up with better. I appreciate you pointing me towards them.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I last year purchased a Nicrew Skyled plus. It's my first LED tank light & I quite like it. Mine is over a 4ft 55g tank, so not the same as yours would be. But my med/ low light plants are happy & I'm not blinded even though I sit next to the tank. (I was worried about that aspect). I'm not techie enough to use a smart phone to control the lights but the factory settings seem good to me. I may have adjusted the day length to 6 or 7 hours but that's my go to timing for most tanks. We both hated the "moonlight" setting the 1 time we tried it. We like blue but not over a tank...

I will likely buy 2 more Nicrew Skyleds plus in the coming year for 2 other 4 ft tanks..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store