Back into the planted world! Regulator & Diffusion Recs?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I bought a used DIY one for $5 a couple of years ago at a convention :)

So much easier than doing any work

Octavarium

Ambassador to Cephalopods
Mar 2, 2005
East Haven, CT
Real Name
Erik
Yea the flow counter was useless, even some nice reviewers on Amazon pointed it out when I was researching, yesterday I barely opened the needle valve as with my old tank years ago, fluval bubble counter is 1 bub/sec, maybe a little slower...I put into intake of Filstar XP L, just going to do that for a few days at this slow rate until Idial in the proper amount of CO2/pH/etc. and build the reactor. Time to hit Lowe's after work one of these days!

Once again thank you Dougall, I am definitely going to do the DIY way. I keep hearing about these Rex G reactors, non stop praise so that has to be the way to go.All dissolved CO2, no stress on filter or any other device, just good old photosynthesis ;) I just figured Id have head start for plants now and putting it into the filter for less than 2 weeks time at low flow rate for around 9 hours a day wont hurt filter in long run. I'll post pics soon guys.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
No problem,

just be aware of a couple of things, air locks are possible if you put co2 directly into the intake of the canister filter, so just be attentive and notice if the water stops flowing in it, you'll likely just need to move the filter around to 'burp' it.

and if you get your CO2 dialed in now, it may well be different when you switch to a diffuser; so you will need to change the needle valve afterwards.

Octavarium

Ambassador to Cephalopods
Mar 2, 2005
East Haven, CT
Real Name
Erik
my tap pH is pretty low, around 6.2...cardinals will love it though I just bought 10 today for my 60g, will give week or 2 to acclimate and if all well will get 6-10 more in that week or so time. But anyways yea, measure that with my kH I got my CO2 to around 30 ppm according to that chart, which I believe is correct right? Turns out to be a little under 1 bubble...once I finish this inline reactor and switch to that for diffusing, yes I will have to redial my needle valve all over again, but should be nice and easy. Hard work is almost done, and the plants are finally starting to grow, good to be back!!

Reactions: dougall
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store