Angel stocking question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
Thanks. Just to be specific the tank is 3ft wide, 1ft deep, and 2ft high. It's kind of a squarish rectangle.
My bad. I would definitely go with a single angel then. They do just fine by themselves. One would also be fine with a platy or swordtails. It would make good fry control if you get males and females.

Now that I have the footprint straight, I would not get the rams. Not enough room IMO. A few cories would be ok though. But putting the two in a tank that is only 12 inches wide would ask for trouble. And if you went with the rams and no cories, you may have issues with the angel and rams.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Angels and Rams usually do fine together.. the Angels usually occupy the mid to upper half of the tank(this is not saying they don't visit the bottom)

I've kept angels with both Bolivian Rams(Altisoinosa) and the Blue Rams(Ramirezi).

tho the Ramirezi usually fare better in a Discus tank. Keep in mind tho they are cichlids and are prone to not follow any rules.

I would say a single pair of rams and lone angel will be ok ..make sure you have plenty of driftwood or structure both cichlids like the structure in the tank. line of sight structure is important with Rams

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store