adding Loach to my aquarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

yaacov

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
latazyo i got your answer but i don't think they are good for me .
i search for info about them after reciving your reply and i figure out that those are pretty hard to find fish. i have to admit that i even didn't hear about them till now and i am not sure that i can find any kind of those.

thanks anyway.

b.t.w.

what - LFS - means is it initials of fish store or something like that ?

Serrateeth_2002

Godzilla
Nov 3, 2002
Singapore
Loaches need hiding places,all of the loaches i know of live in pipes,caves,anywhere dark.You might want a Pakistan loach.

Tightdog1

Chinaman Can!
Sep 2, 2002
Clayton/Concord, CA
clown loaches are very sesseptible 2 ich so be careful, clown also grow very very slowly so they do not need a huge aquarium in the beginning, i had 4 in a 20g by them selves but they died :)mad: ich)b4 quarrantine was finished so i never got a good chance to raise them, but they are nice fish.

Hoplosternum

AC Members
Aug 27, 2000
Essex, England
Visit site
Hello Yaacov,

You might need another thread to get your question about Plecs answered as everyone is still talking about loaches here :) Obviously I think I am right ;) but it is always a good idea to get a few opinions, the board has many people more knowledgeable than me :)

LFS = Local Fish Shop i.e. the place you should return any unwanted fish (rather than kill them or release them into the wild) and buy the fish you want :)

By the way I think you are making the right decision about loaches. I personnally love them but in a tank of your size with your existing fish they may cause problems. There are a lot of loach fans on the board :) But they (loaches) also have certain requirements (lots of places to hide, live in groups etc.) which you either have or must provide. So they are not for everyone and should not be a casual purchase.

koolkatzfish

AC Members
Dec 7, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
the common pl*co gets over a foot long. If you want a pl*co get a bristlenose or clown or one of the other smaller pl*cos. Do not trust the fish store, get the species name first and look it up. I was told a sailfin would stay under 5 inches (nope it can get up to 24 inches long).
Also some other loaches to consider: yoyo loaches (botia lohachata) or zebra loaches (botia striata) both are hardy and stay under 4-5 inches.

kuhli

AC Members
RE LOACHES

Hiya you may check out loaches.com.
They are very friendly and helpfull. IMHO Kuhlis are great as are striatas they shoud be fine:)
Also dwarf loaches would work.
Kuhli:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store