5 yr old angelfish acting strange

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Angels and Discus both can be susceptible to internal parasites very tiny flagellated protazoa often referred to as Hexamita...generally not a problem but can become a problem when stressed.

I have had to deal with it from time to time with Discus as well as my Angels.. more recently my Altum.
a good thing.. they respond well to prazi metro combo.. tho often I have to dose twice in 3 days.
the thing that leads me away from this, tho is.. heavy breathing.
I would first suspect the new inhabitant may have transported something into the tank.

btw, angels can go weeks without eating...if they were healthy at the start of the problem. a=bacteria issues of course have a different time frame as bacteria are capable of mutiplying at a faster rate.

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
What kind of gourami? Are you sure the new fish isn't giving your angel a bad time when you aren't looking? I have a little black female angel that I must get away from a newly mean mate(wanting to spawn..she doesn't)..Hopefully your angel isn't really sick.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 14 Pro Max
Sadly, today, I had to put my angelfish to sleep... she was suffering. She rammed into the walls, jumped into the hood, had seizures and to top it off... Camallanus worm... I had her for so long and she can't be replaced.

I ordered meds to treat the tank once I found that it was infected with Camallanus... It'll be here Wednesday..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store