15 gallon hex journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Borrego

AC Members
Jun 30, 2023
Another newbie like me that has been out of the hobby for a few decades and recently got back in.

I had the blessing of wifey, though, after we were in Petsmart and she saw some juvenile tiger oscars. I am currently cycling a 55 gallon tank for her oscars in the near future.

Can't help with substrate or live plants, I prefer plastic plants just like in the old days.

Prior to cycling the 55 gallon, I set up a 40 gallon originally scheduled to be an angel fish tank. Gave wifey the chance to add some community fish - mollies, she chose. I added a few swords and some platies and now she is hooked.

Current inventory: 3 juvenile veil angels (nickel body size), 4 swords, 3 lyretail mollies, 6 platies along with 4 very small platies they threw in that were recently birthed and too small to sell, as well as 2 unknow fry that have shown up in the tank in the last 48 hours.

I wish you dontinued success as you rehabilitate the tank.

Please keep us updated with photos.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Another newbie like me that has been out of the hobby for a few decades and recently got back in.

I had the blessing of wifey, though, after we were in Petsmart and she saw some juvenile tiger oscars. I am currently cycling a 55 gallon tank for her oscars in the near future.

Can't help with substrate or live plants, I prefer plastic plants just like in the old days.

Prior to cycling the 55 gallon, I set up a 40 gallon originally scheduled to be an angel fish tank. Gave wifey the chance to add some community fish - mollies, she chose. I added a few swords and some platies and now she is hooked.

Current inventory: 3 juvenile veil angels (nickel body size), 4 swords, 3 lyretail mollies, 6 platies along with 4 very small platies they threw in that were recently birthed and too small to sell, as well as 2 unknow fry that have shown up in the tank in the last 48 hours.

I wish you dontinued success as you rehabilitate the tank.

Please keep us updated with photos.
Thanks! It's good to know there are others finding their way back to the hobby. And congrats on getting the wifey hooked! I'm still warming my wife up to the idea as I work on the tank at my shop. =) I'm sure she'll come around.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
A few other possible low growing plants. Cryptocoryne nurii (not sure exactly which I have, there are 3 or more variations. Mine has a pink midrib & brownish mottled green leaves. Prettier than that sounds, lol). Crypt parva is very slow growing but if it gets happy it's nice! Plain green. Hydocotle tripartita is really a stem plant but it can be kept low with effort. Delicate, pretty. Hemianthus micranthemoides (not! hemianthus callitrichoides, dwarf baby tears) sometimes called Micranthemum micranthemoides (pearlweed or rarely pearl grass). Tiny leaves, needs work to keep it as a ground cover but nice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store