10g tank decoration ideas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

autumm

AC Members
Dec 27, 2022
so i am planning on getting a 10 gallon tank because the only ones i have are currently a 3g, 2g, and a 200g. i tried getting a 10g but it started leaking after i had filled it up all the way and damage on the delivery may be to blame. so i am getting a new one but have no idea what to decorate it with. a few suggestions would be nice

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
You know I'm suggesting live plants. I sent you a pm (that envelope at the top right corner by your name...now with a red number...click it!)

Whee, I wish I had a 200g! We have a small swimming pool but my husband doesn't want to "swim with the fishes"...yet, lol.

Reactions: dougall

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I would always do live plants too, assuming it's compatible with 5ge fish and your comfort... It's better for water quality and such too

But.. if your priority is fish, start there and see what works best, maybe lots of wood and leaf litter would work well.. or caves.. or whatever, it's your aquarium so you need to do what you will be good with long term.. what you are cool maintaining, what will be best for the fish.

I'm also a plant guy.. I'm seldom interested in the specific fish with a couple of exceptions.

Reactions: fishorama

autumm

AC Members
Dec 27, 2022
i have been known to make a mess with fertilizer (i still have a couple of shirts stained with you wouldn't want to know what) so if im in an aquarium with fish? i dont know how this will go down. to be honest though im just trying to get something affordable and even when i look at a lot of the options they see great but not so much for my budget.

autumm

AC Members
Dec 27, 2022
if you guys know any websites or stores where they have live plants for sale at a pretty good price, that would be great! just looking at a few right now and apparently they will need a lot of care which is my main concern. also if something happens i am away from the tank a lot because i go outside a lot, which means if there is an accident my fish are in for a bit of "fun".....

i will need help with live plants because it is my first time handling live aquatic plants. the only ones i have in my house are fake. im also kind of nervous around them because once all my elodea melted before i realized what was going on and that was how my betta got fin rot.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
i have been known to make a mess with fertilizer (i still have a couple of shirts stained with you wouldn't want to know what) so if im in an aquarium with fish? i dont know how this will go down. to be honest though im just trying to get something affordable and even when i look at a lot of the options they see great but not so much for my budget.
Most fertilizers for aquariums are either liquid or in tab forms that you place I'm the substrate. Personally, liquid is better anyways as long as you dose frequently. It's very easy to use and usually mess free. I use a pipette to dose mine, but some come with a pump feature for easy dosing too

autumm

AC Members
Dec 27, 2022
You know I'm suggesting live plants. I sent you a pm (that envelope at the top right corner by your name...now with a red number...click it!)

Whee, I wish I had a 200g! We have a small swimming pool but my husband doesn't want to "swim with the fishes"...yet, lol.
it was for the 11 koi i used to have outside the us, and when we moved i couldnt keep them anymore.... :(

so we gave the koi away and hopefully they are still around (we moved a few years ago koi can live longer than that im sure) but we took the 200g with us. so that is how we ended up with a massive empty fish tank.

autumm

AC Members
Dec 27, 2022
Most fertilizers for aquariums are either liquid or in tab forms that you place I'm the substrate. Personally, liquid is better anyways as long as you dose frequently. It's very easy to use and usually mess free. I use a pipette to dose mine, but some come with a pump feature for easy dosing too
tell me a little more about the pump feature please... im curious to find out

tried google searching just now it didnt show me much. also if there is a good online website you know for buying aquatic plants (that will fit a budget, the ones i looked at have moss for around $7) please let me know

also if you guys have ay advice for keeping tetras and bettas please let me know i have gotten my betta a few months ago but he is still very surprising

thanks so much :)

autumm

AC Members
Dec 27, 2022

swim with the fishes? lol! we all wish we could but the problem is chlorine does the same thing to fish that chocolate does to dogs a friend told me.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store