African Shell Dwellers, Multis

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
Just dropped about 30 live mosquito larva in my colony of Multis and they went bonko. This is a must try as it is unbeleivable.

Reactions: Wild West

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I drop any food in my tank and my fish go bonkers.
Well, except my Angels, they get to food fast, but eat one bite at a time

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Just dropped about 30 live mosquito larva in my colony of Multis and they went bonko. This is a must try as it is unbeleivable.
When I was breeding gouramis outside, I'd net live mosquito larvae out and drop in the tanganyikan tank and it was always a feeding frenzy.

Mark

Sep 1, 2015
Texas
Real Name
Brian
Sounds cool, I bet my zebra danios would love that too, given that they (try) to eat anything in the tank, including nipping at my hand when I do maintenance. Where did you get these larvae? I imagine I could find some outside, but I would be concerned that they could possibly carry diseases. Do any of the mosquito carried diseases even bother fish?

Thanks,
Brian

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
I'm feeding my shell dwellers, bettas and angels a ton of mosquito larva the last two weeks. They are great conditioning food. If you put the container in the fridg, it stops their maturity process.

8DiagramPoleFighter

AC Members
Nov 3, 2015
NOLA
Real Name
Fuzzy
Camera Used
Sony Alpha 58
I've never tried that before. I might try mosquito larvae with my brevis.

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
Just set out a cat litter pan filled with water in the back yard. The longer the grass the better. In a week you will have some larva.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store