Lamprologus signatus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
Just got a colony of 9 of these. They were at most 1/2" when I got them with barley any color, practically fry. 2 weeks later and the stripes are starting to show on the males and they are extremely active and feisty. I have them in a 30 gallon by themselves right now.

Anyone have experience with these? I was wanting to add a colony of Sumbu dwarf comps in with them and try to have both species spawn in the same tank. But with all of the activity of the Lamps, I'm wondering if it would work.

I know the only real way to know is to try it, but was hoping someone may have some advice on it.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I have always kept "Shellies" in their own species tanks.

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
Mine ahve a dither male Endler to chase around otherwise they are kept alone.

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
The issue with breeding fish like these is the colony aspect of the interaction. What may be enough room for peaceful coexistence for the parent colonies eventually will not be as the groups grow. If you give them enough room and manage the size of the colonies you may have that idea work. But that isn't a guarantee there won't be casualties. I saw a female multifaciatus turn on the other two in the trio my ex had in a 10 and kill both of them.

It is possible, but the qualifier is enough space. I don't have any experience with those fish to know how much is needed though.

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
It has been a while did you get any spawns and if so are you selling fry yet???

francois4xavier

Registered Member
Oct 14, 2021
Just got a colony of 9 of these. They were at most 1/2" when I got them with barley any color, practically fry. 2 weeks later and the stripes are starting to show on the males and they are extremely active and feisty. I have them in a 30 gallon by themselves right now.

Anyone have experience with these? I was wanting to add a colony of Sumbu dwarf comps in with them and try to have both species spawn in the same tank. But with all of the activity of the Lamps, I'm wondering if it would work.

I know the only real way to know is to try it, but was hoping someone may have some advice on it.
I too have the same set up, got two pairs of Sumbu Dwarf and Trio Signatus. I was wondering if they'll spawn in this setup? I have them in 37" * 12" * 12" Tank. Any update on your tank, did they spawn? TAI !!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store