Monster Energy Drinks vs. Monster Fish Keepers...spread the word!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mdwalt1

AC Members
Jan 11, 2003
Texas Gulf Coast
Visit site
As I've said before, I've never associated Monster Aquaria "M" with the Monster Energy "M", but now, with all the avatars sporting their "M", (even with the red slash) I'm constantly reminded of their product. They're certainly getting a ton of free advertising from us here. Their tactics are already paying off. I'd suggest removing all traces of their product from this site and only refer to them as "the drink" or something non graphical.

mdwalt1

AC Members
Jan 11, 2003
Texas Gulf Coast
Visit site
One additional comment. I'm wondering why Monster Fish Keepers / Monster Aquaria Network logo ever became so prevalent on AquariaCentral. I feel it's diminished its credibility somewhat and it's friendly community appearance. How do the guppy or endler or betta enthusiasts feel since this community was tagged as monster fish keepers? While I do own some "monster" fish, I do love the small community fish as well and would bet the majority of AC members feel the same way. One member went so far some years ago to even create a poll to see how others felt. Although there were only 46 responses, it's representative of the community as a whole. See it here-

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forum...riaCentral-or-Monster-***********s&styleid=18

I say bring back the original AC vibe and keep MFK separate.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I haven't joined in on the conversation because so far people like Platy, etc. have been doing an amazing job of keeping this moving forward. I ended up posting to another hobbyist website (not aquaria) and got a few supportive responses and hopefully a lot more signatures out of it...

But at this point, I don't see why we seem to be headed backwards...

As I've said before, I've never associated Monster Aquaria "M" with the Monster Energy "M", but now, with all the avatars sporting their "M", (even with the red slash) I'm constantly reminded of their product. They're certainly getting a ton of free advertising from us here. Their tactics are already paying off. I'd suggest removing all traces of their product from this site and only refer to them as "the drink" or something non graphical.
I seriously doubt that informed AC members would even consider buying a Monster product right now. Not to mention that the circle with a line through it symbol is almost universally recognized as a negative connotation. At this point we need to continue spreading the word...talking in code (by referring to Monster as "the drink," for example) can only confuse people who are not in the loop and it almost lets Monster get off the hook. We need to be calling them out directly by name so that they know our community is serious about this effort.

One additional comment. I'm wondering why Monster Fish Keepers / Monster Aquaria Network logo ever became so prevalent on AquariaCentral. I feel it's diminished its credibility somewhat and it's friendly community appearance. How do the guppy or endler or betta enthusiasts feel since this community was tagged as monster fish keepers? While I do own some "monster" fish, I do love the small community fish as well and would bet the majority of AC members feel the same way. One member went so far some years ago to even create a poll to see how others felt. Although there were only 46 responses, it's representative of the community as a whole. See it here-

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forum...riaCentral-or-Monster-***********s&styleid=18

I say bring back the original AC vibe and keep MFK separate.
That poll in no way shows any intention for the AC community to break apart and there are FAR more than 46 active members here. People of course will have their favorite forum, but I didn't see anyone say anything negative about the current MAN dynamics. I myself have an account at MFK with like 5-10 posts, all from when AC had a period of excessive downtime. I hardly visit the site and only a few times lurked around APC. But in no way would I support dissolving MAN because it is a great bridge between different "niches" in the hobby. It's also probably the most fiscally responsible way to run the sites, with money flowing in from the three via the MAN store. It was also mentioned that Neo helps support a variety of hobbyist activities out there, which can only be good for the AC side of MAN. The MAN/MFK logo being used on AC hardly bothers me, and I feel like it's a very nit-picky and negative thing to bring up when we should be coming together as a community.

Last edited:

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Mdwalt1, the avatars are merely meant as a show of support for the Monster boycott, which has been discussed here:
http://support.monsterfishkeepers.com/
I don't think there is a universal symbol for "boycott" other than the red circle with a red line through it. If you know of another way to get that point across with an image, please let me know.

Monster Aquaria Network is the name of the "umbrella" that is AC, MFK and also a site called Aquatic-Photography.com. Take a look:
http://www.monsteraquarianetwork.com/

The MFK logo and merchandise is representative of AC as well, because it is all under the Monster Aquaria Network umbrella. If you have issues with the design, take it up with Li (neoprodigy) the administrator of this forum, if you have something better to offer. If you would just like to point out that you think the logo looks cheesy, your opinion is duly registered...but having something actually constructive to offer would be nice. For example, what do you mean "the original AC vibe"? We have always been one community, whether you realized it or not. Do let us know what it is you find objectionable.

Last edited:

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I think they are referring to the period in time when AC stood alone as a forum...Li took over the site (and "merged" with MFK, later forming MAN) when AC appeared to be in shambles and it has been running rather smoothly ever since IMHO. I don't see anything constructive in suggesting that we essentially move backwards, unless there is anything legitimate proving that AC is being hurt by being a part of MAN.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
On a lighter note, would it be too much to ask for some sort of "support MFK" merchandise to hit the store in the near future? I think it would be another great way to spread the word and show that we are confident in having the law on our side by potentially designing them with the logos in question. I'd certainly get a sticker or two if not some other type of accessory.

charlie baker

AC Members
Feb 9, 2009
I have a suggestion that seems reasonable to me.....the logo sucks....the name sucks......what say we let them have both....maybe ask for financial considerations.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
I have a suggestion that seems reasonable to me.....the logo sucks....the name sucks......what say we let them have both....maybe ask for financial considerations.
I think Charlie is a MED spy...

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bert

ENJOYING THE HIGH DESERT OF NEVADA
Nov 2, 2003
NEVADA
www.truckflix.com
It just goes to show, that the thinking process of those "CORPORATE JERKS" :mad2::thumbsdown: has been severley affected by them drinking the stuff.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store