new house, NEW TANK!! (100gal advice please)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GVT

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
Gulfport, MS
Visit site
I will be moving into my new house in a few weeks and would like some advice and ideas for my new setup! I have had many aquariums, but 55g was the max size. My new tank will be a 100 or 120 gal. It will be placed in the wall and I will have liberty to do whatever I want!!!
I know I want Fronts, but I would like ideas on what other fish to keep.
I thought about using 2 fluval 304's (starting one a few weeks before the other) for filtration.
I want to enter the "Big Time" with this tank. Please give any advice and all ideas for fish and filtration!
Thanks GVT

rus

self proclaimed proclaimer
Jan 6, 2002
Charlotte, NC
www.cichlidsickness.com
if you plan on keeping large fish like fronts i suggest adding a hob power filter like an emperor 400 or an ac500. if not you will be breaking down the canisters very often. fronts are very impressive but on the picky side as far as water quality and foods. but well worth the trouble. if you want to go new world (less picky for the most part) there are many options you have. if you dont mind giveing the tank to one fish theres a few i recomend; trimac, midas, oscar, festae, green terror, black belt, carpinte, i could go on all day the possiblities are endless all will be great pet fish and look awesome in my opinion. just dont skimp on equipment. there's nothing worse than not being happy with you set up after its up and running. just my.02

Co/\/vict

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Columbia, TN
Yep emperor 400 and aquaclear 500 should be very helpful... and as for the other fish. Frontosa's are peaceful fish. So just take your pick of AFRICANS, because you don't want to get fish that require completely different water parameters. Well ask questions if any more are needed. There are an awful lot of different and attractive african's out there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store