ich treatment for loaches

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

latazyo

Grisled
Sep 17, 2002
in my 20g (check sig) my neons have ich

the loaches aren't showing any signs of ich though

when I treat the neons, will the loaches be safe?

latazyo

Grisled
Sep 17, 2002
well, I took another look today and now my KUHLI loaches have the ich as well as the neons

this sucks a$$, will I be able to treat them?

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
I believe clown loaches are scaleless. This mean you cant use the reg. medication for ICH. When I first started 3 of my fish had it. I couldnt use the normal stuff cause I have scaleless fish (elephant nose..various others). There is a medications that does treat ICH made especially for scaleless fish (it does cost like double though). It works great. follow the directions and you will not have ich any longer..

latazyo

Grisled
Sep 17, 2002
alright, I do NOT own clown loaches, I only have golden and half banded kuhli loaches

anyways, I bought "rid ich" and I just put about half of the dosage in the tank along with about a 3/8 water change,

we'll see what happens

JamisonBWolsh

Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
I hope your loaches survive....if they are scaless Rid ich could be VERY bad for them

latazyo

Grisled
Sep 17, 2002
I hope so too, but I don't know anything else to do and I had to do something before the ick kills them

JamisonBWolsh

Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
Just found out. LOACHES are SCALELESS. Thats why they make Ich treatment for SCALELESS fish Like I suggested earlier. IF your loaches survive, then all the good. But most likely that medication is doing more harm then good...

latazyo

Grisled
Sep 17, 2002
there was not an ich treatment for scaleless fish at my petco, the woman there said she didnt' know what to do, she suggested a salt dip, but wasn't sure what else I could do

she said that the brand I got would be the safest choice, but still a risk for the loaches

I only used about .5-.75 dosage in the tank

latazyo

Grisled
Sep 17, 2002
well, we're about 16 hours post treatment, and all fish seem to be healthy, I guess we'll keep an eye on those loaches

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store