Pelvicachromis Taeniatus (New Shots)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Treefork

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
Northeast Indiana
pets.groups.yahoo.com
Real Name
Joe
Well a little update, I'll be posting a video a little later, but I'm going to pick up another 29 gallon tank from my buddy because I did a huge water change 2 days ago and now I have a pair. Well, the male has decided he needs to take on the other two males. He's pretty much whomping them. I have a pretty cool video of the two brightest males jaw locking though, so I'll get that on later when I'm done setting up the other tank. Glad I have extra cycled filters. :)

Treefork

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
Northeast Indiana
pets.groups.yahoo.com
Real Name
Joe
Ok, so here is what is happening in my tank the last day or two. I got the other 29 and will set it up in the morning. I'm going to move 5 of the 7 out of it into the other 29. I am going to leave the 2 that I know are paired and take out the others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O0LpTeIioM

[YT]8O0LpTeIioM[/YT]

Last edited:

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Awesome vid Tree! I bet the waterchange did it. Did you ad the same temp. water? Or go a little colder? Your fish are looking great BTW.

Treefork

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
Northeast Indiana
pets.groups.yahoo.com
Real Name
Joe
Awesome vid Tree! I bet the waterchange did it. Did you ad the same temp. water? Or go a little colder? Your fish are looking great BTW.
Yeah I did go cooler and I also changed a lot more than usual. I think I did nearly 50% change. Usually I do about 20% once weekly. I may have inadverdantly caused the same behavior in my rosy barbs. Two males were tussling this morning and when I called home to ask my wife if the taeniatus were still fighting she noticed one of my rosys had swam into my hydro sponge filter tube. I think he was murdered and then stuffed down there though. :)

Treefork

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
Northeast Indiana
pets.groups.yahoo.com
Real Name
Joe
Ok, got everyone moved so I only have one pair in the main 29 gallon. SOMETHING is happening, I'm not sure what though, they act like they are excavating the cave (terra cotta pot) and the female is in it a lot. They're probably just messing with me. I moved the other 5 to another 29 gallon and at least 2 have paired off. That leaves me with 1 male and 2 females unpaired. I'm going to give the extra pair to a guy locally if I can get three pairs.

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Awesome to hear! Hopefully they'll be spawning soon for you soon(fingers crossed).

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Congrats! My krib pair dig underneath anything I put in their tank lol. It's adorable.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store