New Mystery snail nest and snail mating ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CassieLEO

AC Members
Dec 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Real Name
Cassie
So, I have about 5 mystery snails in my tank. Ive never purposely put snails in my tank, but I think they are just adoreable!! So now I have this new nest in the back of my tank!! In the picture it looks like it is in the water, but it is actually about 2 incches above the water. snailnest.jpg

Now, are these two snails mating? Can the two different colors breed together?
snail1.jpg
I keep cuttlefish bones in there for the snails, and My LFS will be happy to take the babies so im letting them hatch!
Thanks!!! -Cassie

snailnest.jpg snail1.jpg

CassieLEO

AC Members
Dec 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Real Name
Cassie
Thank you!!! Im very excited! I am kinda grossed out by how gross the nest looks though. So is the pair in the bottom mating??

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
yep, they are definitely doing the mystery snail 'love wrestle', lol.

you might want to consider making some snail jello to feed to them, in addition to having cuttle bone in the tank. their shells look like they could use a little more calcium. check out the stickied thread here in the inverts section on invert food for a super easy snail jello recipe.

it'll be interesting to see what colours the babies turn out! when i was breeding briggs (mystery/apple snails), i had ivory, jade, blue, and golden adults and never knew what was going to come out of a clutch, lol.

CassieLEO

AC Members
Dec 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Real Name
Cassie
Ill definately make some of that for them!! Ive only had them for about 3 weeks, and their shells looked yuckie like that, thats why im trying to help them with the calcium. Thanks for pointing me in that direction!!!! :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store