What type of crayfish did I just buy?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Randi83

Registered Member
Jun 22, 2016
The guy at the fish place said its some type of Australian(ish) hybrid. Basically he had no idea. Anyone else know?

image.jpeg

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Looks like a marmokreb to me.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
all, or at least most all, are female

you will know if it gives birth without a partner.

no real special care needs from my memory, just dont release any offspring to the wild.

Reactions: Randi83

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath

mdwalt1

AC Members
Jan 11, 2003
Texas Gulf Coast
Visit site
Anything specific I need to know about it? My kid has already named it Kansas after the band but I guess it may be female now huh?
Cool name. I'm going to see Kansas in Houston in October for their 30th anniversary of the Leftoverture album which they will play in its entirety. But I digress. Make sure you have a nice secluded hiding place for your cray to retreat to and some driftwood for it to perch on. They love that stuff.

Reactions: Randi83

Randi83

Registered Member
Jun 22, 2016
Ok so another question. Our cray...now named Wednesday, has been reclusive. She usually begs for food but has been in her rock cave. Today my daughter decided Wednesday must be dead. She went to move the rock. Wednesday moved but some round dark grey balls came out of the rock cave. Are these eggs? If so will she eat them now that they aren't on her tail? She has her tail tucked so we can't see if there is anything on her tail.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store